The UEM General Secretary, Honorable Rev Volker Martin Dally, accompanied by Rev. Dr. Nagaju Muke, the Deputy Executive Secretary of UEM/AFRICA visited Hanika Anglican Integrated Polytechnic on 10/01/2018.
On behalf of Shyogwe Diocese and Hanika AIP, they were welcomed by the Right Rev. Dr. Kalimba Jered, Bishop of Shyogwe Diocese and EAR representative in UEM family.
During the visit, Rev. KARASIRA Prosper, the Principal of Hanika Anglican Integrated Polytechnic expressed sincere thanks to UEM for the significant support given to Hanika. These supports include:
- Providing support to Anglican Integrated Polytechnic which enabled us to purchase some tools which were highly recommended by the government in order to give us accreditation of Mechanical engineering.
- Constructing good building like main hall, classes among other houses.
- Providing scholarships to our personnel towards having qualified staff
- Planting trees at Hanika Hill
- Providing us Short and long Term Co-workers
- Sending North-South volunteers among many others and indeed your support is very much appreciated.
Hanika Anglican Integrated Polytechnic (HAIP) is an institution of high learning teaching technical skills that are highly needed in Rwanda and is offering Advanced Diploma A1 in Mechanical engineering, Civil Engineering and Information and Communication Technology. It operates under the jurisdiction of Anglican Church of Rwanda, Shyogwe Diocese who started and owns it and will continue to work very hard in partnership with different groups for its sustainable development. It is located in Gihisi cell, Busasamana sector, Nyanza District, southern province of Rwanda.
Honorable Rev Volker Martin Dally visited all the corners of the University and contributed where necessary by giving them relevant advice and sharing different information concerning UEM ministry.
From Rev Prosper